Friday, January 27, 2006

Camaro

My junior year of high school my dad bought me a 1980 Chevy Camaro. I was so proud of that car. I would make up things that I had to go and do just so I could drive it. On Friday and Saturday nights I'd be on University Avenue in Cedar Falls, IA driving back and forth. There was a route that everyone would drive. Down Uni into Waterloo...drive through the Hardee's parking lot and back up Uni to Black Hawk Village. Back and forth all night long, checking out boys with my girlfriends, parking and talking to boys with my girlfriends, racing boys in their cars with my girlfriends. It was a blast!! The reason I started thinking about my Camaro wasn't because I'm going through a crisis and missing my youth...ha ha...but because the other day, on my way to work, there was a girl driving next to me going to Johnston High School. She was driving a 90's Camaro and I thought that was so cool. Made me wonder if she takes it downtown to Grand Ave with her girlfriends and made me wonder if they have the same kind of fun that my girlfriends and I used to have "Cruising the Strip"! I hope that she does because that is one tradition that I hope never dies. "Cruising Uni" was so much fun. Oh and that missing my youth comment...sometimes I do miss the things that were fun back then. But really the things that I'm doing now are just as great!

No comments: