Saturday, November 05, 2005

The Poppy

Today I went to the grocery store and the VFW(Veterans of Foreign Wars) members were selling poppies. I purchased a couple like I always do because of my respect for them serving our country. As I walked around the store I thought to myself...I need to actually thank those men when I leave the store. I wrote about thanking them on my blog and I just need to do it...need to tell them Thank You! I walked out of the store and the Vet that I had purchased my poppies from was sitting alone...I'd say he was about 75 to 80...I put my hand on his shoulder and said...Sir, I would just like to say thank you for the service you gave to our country. I appreciate what you did very much. He looked at me, smiled and said...you are welcome. I think it made him feel good, at least I hope it did. I know it made me feel good for saying it.

No comments: