Monday, October 31, 2005

Thank You for Your Sacrifice

November 11th is Veterans' Day. No matter what you feel about the war going on now in the Middle East or the wars of the past, we need to thank our Veterans and our troops serving now, for the sacrifices they have made for us. We are the luckiest people in the world! We can live where we want to live, have our own religious beliefs, buy whatever we want to buy, Vote, get an education...the list is endless. Can you seriously imagine what it is like to live in terror every day of your life that you may die because of a suicide car bomber or because of your religious or political beliefs? I don't think you can. We are spoiled and lucky as Hell that we are able to live in this country. I thank God everyday that I was born here and that I am so lucky to live the American Dream! And I also thank God everyday that we have Men and Women who sacrifice so that I can live this life by keeping the USA safe! The Toby Keith song American Soldier touches my heart everytime I hear it......


"American Soldier"
I'm just trying to be a father,
Raise a daughter and a son,
Be a lover to their mother,
Everything to everyone.
Up and at 'em bright and early,
I'm all business in my suit,
Yeah, I'm dressed for success from my head down to my boots,
I don't do it for money, there's still bills that I can't pay,
I don't do it for the glory, I just do it anyway,
Providing for our future's my responsibility,
Yeah I'm real good under pressure, being all that I can be,
And I can't call in sick on Mondays when the weekends been to strong,
I just work straight through the holidays,
And sometimes all night long.
You can bet that I stand ready when the wolf growls at the door,
Hey, I'm solid, hey I'm steady, hey I'm true down to the core,
And I will always do my duty, no matter what the price,
I've counted up the cost, I know the sacrifice,
Oh, and I don't want to die for you,
But if dyin's asked of me,
I'll bear that cross with an honor,
'Cause freedom don't come free.
I'm an american soldier, an american,
Beside my brothers and my sisters I will proudly take a stand,
When liberty's in jeopardy I will always do what's right,
I'm out here on the front lines, sleep in peace tonight.
American soldier, I'm an American,
An American,
An American Soldier
Thank you to all of our Veterans, Past and Present. Thank you to our troops serving now, here in the United States and all over this world! Thank you for the sacrifice that you make so that I can do whatever I want to do each and every day of my life. God Bless the USA and God Bless Our Service Men and Women!

No comments: