Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Oh Christmas Tree

Ok...what is going on with this whole Christmas tradition bashing stuff that I've been hearing on TV and reading in the papers? Seriously, if I want to call my tree a "Christmas" tree that's what I'm going to call it. Sorry if I offend but that is what it has always been to me and I'm not changing tradition because groups of people are offended by the word "Christmas". What has happened to our traditions. They are disappearing right and left just because we have to be so politically correct. I'm done! What is this world coming to? It's falling apart. Someone please explain all of this madness to me and quick. I realize not everyone celebrates Christmas but just because not everyone does why do the people who do have to change? I don't expect people to change their traditions with Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Ramadan, etc.... I'm not asking people to change the name of the Menorah, Dreidel, the Kinara, Mkeka, Mazao, Kikombe cha umoja, Mishumaa saba, or the Zawadi so why is everyone so up in arms about the "Christmas" tree?? I just think there are more constructive things to be worrying about than if people want to call their tree a Christmas tree!! We need to be thinking about homeless children, the troops, our families....

Ok...I got that off my chest...I'm going to go put up my Christmas Tree now.(next someone will want to ban the colors red and green during the holidays...just you wait!) I hope you all have a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Joyful Kwanzaa or just a plain old Happy Holiday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Since we are Being all Political and such here:

Please change all HO HO HO text to oh lady of the night,
oh lady of the night,
oh lady of the night...