Saturday, January 12, 2008

Random Stuff

It's January 12th, 2008. Have you broken your resolutions yet? My biggest resolution besides getting back to the gym is to treat everyone with respect and kindness. I don't think it's fair to judge someone until you get to know them...at that point you can decide if you want them in your life or would rather not go there with them. I've met some really awesome people through the years by living that way. I have such a variety of friends that I'm never bored! LOL

We spent Christmas Day in Dyersville with my sister and her husband and the families. Since we live in South/Central Iowa we usually have warmer weather then Northeast Iowa. Wow did they get the snow this year. I took a couple pictures of some cool snow drifts in front of my sister's place. It's snow art!





Dyersville doesn't just have the Field of Dreams. It also has the Basilica and this amazing shrine to Mary and Jesus just randomly on the end of a street. Tim, Margo, Dan, and I went driving around looking at Christmas lights on Christmas Eve. I took a picture of the Shrine. It's very beautiful. If you drive around on the country roads in this part of NE Iowa you will see these Shrines on the edge of the road. It kind of makes the saying "Is this Heaven? No it's Iowa!" really make you feel like you are in God's Country. People knock Iowa all the time but honestly it's a great state. I will admit that there is a lot of corn during the summer and empty sad looking fields in the winter but the borders on the East and West sides of the state are amazing. Rolling hills and breathtaking views. And a great place to ride your motorcycle!



Last weekend we had some pretty nice weather for January. It got up in the 40's so Dan just couldn't stop himself. He was on the Zippy Pickle in a flash and took her for a scoot. I was a little jealous because I was going to go run an errand but I figured I'd let him have his time and enjoy the moment. I can only imagine the feeling of being on the open road alone with just your thoughts and the wind in your face. It must be amazing for sure! Someday it will be me and I won't have to ride b#$@h anymore.





Hope you are all having a great New Year and that you are enjoying each and every moment. One really cool thing...I've been nominated for a Blogger Award by the Biker Chick that writes Biker Chick News! I've put a link so that you can all check out her great blog! Thanks again to everyone that follows my blog! I've met some great people because of it and have read some great blogs that they've created. I think it's great how close knit the biker community is. I feel most at peace when I'm with a group of bikers. I always try to be myself and bikers take you for who you are. Have a fabulous weekend!!!

:) IHG

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohio had some of that great weather as well. I rode 4 times this week, on one day the temperature was about 60! Hope you have a fantastic weekend!

Anonymous said...

Nice bagger