Monday, February 12, 2007

My Boycott is on...

I am boycotting all awards shows and I think it is good that I am. My blood would have boiled last night watching the Dixie Chicks win. I used to be a huge fan of theirs and they do have every right to voice their opinion about how they feel. I just think that even though everyone has different views on the war that we all need to put those aside and support our Troops. Maybe the Chicks do but I haven't seen any evidence of that. If you have some please leave a comment so that I can find the articles.

The reason for my boycott is because I'm tired of all of the celebrities being put on a pedestal. They have created these award shows to pat themselves on the backs in front of the world. It's kind of sick if you think about it. They are such pre-madonnas showing off their gowns and tuxes. Maybe I'm the only one that feels this way but I kind of doubt it. As in a previous post I stated that we should have award shows for our Troops and Civil Servants instead. Why do we make celebrities so important? Some of their lives are so scandalous and we actually celebrate them?? It blows my mind. Don't get me wrong, I love watching a good movie or listening to good music but I don't see why they need to parade across a stage in front of the world to receive an award. Anyway...I could go on and on about this forever and it probably won't ever change. I just don't have to waste my evening partaking in it. It really has no value to enhance my life. I'd rather read a good book and expand my mind a little bit that way.

No comments: