Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Hell's Angel The Life and Times of Sonny Barger and the HAMC

Well I finished Sonny's version of the story. A much better read than Hunter Thompson's book. While the guy did have a rap sheet a mile long I felt like I learned a lot about his life and the story of the Hell's Angels. The last paragraph of the book brought tears to my eyes...My thoughts overpowered the roar of two hundred Harleys gunning through the Alps. I know I've paid a terrible price for my freedom. I've learned the hard way that to understand my heart is to understand the evil that lurks inside. I can't hide behind religious traditions and superficial heroes. It's impossible to be delivered away from man's constant inhumanity to man. As a warrior, you've got to know pain and sadness alongside joy and solitude. It is to those who long to ride - forever free - that I write these words...and the Angels shall be Kings! Wow...that's some deep writing. I think these men where a misunderstood group. People were too afraid to let them have their freedom and had to mess with them every chance that they could. The Hell's Angels are a brotherhood of some badass mfers but the true Hell's Angels stuck by their brothers at any cost. If you are a lover of the freedom you feel riding a motorcycle you should definitely read this book. I've just started Freedom Credos from the Road by Sonny Barger.

No comments: