Sunday, July 29, 2007

The Sturgis of Bicycle Riding...Ragbrai 2007



Friday, July 27th thousands of bicycle riders ascended on the town of Dyersville, Iowa. And since I'm always on the search for a fun time and the fact that my sister and her husband live there I trekked up to Northeast Iowa to see the action. Margo and I got up early and went down to where the bicycle riders were entering the town and welcomed them with Morning greetings...clapping and cheers. It was fun to see all the different people come through the tunnel that the volunteers from Dyersville had created. During the evening we went down and partied with the riders on their final night and had a great time. I did keep thinking the entire time though that I wished that the bicycles were motorcycles and that I was actually in Sturgis, South Dakota partying with all my fellow bikers!

No comments: