Saturday, October 15, 2005

Wine

Watched Sideways again tonight and had a couple bottles of wine. I love wine. Have you ever just sat and drank in the smells of a great wine? The feeling you get from just inhaling the aroma is tantalizing. There are so many combinations...oak...cloves...flowery aromas. The next time you open a bottle of wine, don't just drink it, experience it. My favorite scene in Sideways is when Miles says he's not going to drink any "Fucking Merlot". I used to be only a Merlot drinker until I took a leap and tried Pinot, Sauvingnon Blanc and Cabernet, Syrah, Shiraz. There are so many wonderful wines out there other than Merlot. Even a good Chianti can tickle your taste buds. I don't think I'm a wine snob though...I just enjoy smelling and tasting wine. It's sensual in a way, even sexy. Bottoms up and good night.

No comments: