Friday, July 25, 2008

Holy Moly...One week to go!

I have to tell you...I'm freaking excited about leaving next Saturday for Sturgis! I went in 2004 and I was excited then but I think this year I'm even more excited because I've been there once, know what to expect and can totally enjoy every minute of the experience this time. When I went in 2004 it was literally the first rally I'd ever been too...yes, I start bigger then big! LOL The first night at the Buffalo Chip campground was one loud sleepless night and the motorcycle loving Harley Girl was wondering what the hell she'd gotten herself into. Trust me...if you are into extreme wildness stay at the Chip. And if you think you've seen it all...I'm sure you'll see something brand new there.

I'm going to try to blog from my phone on the trip but the only way it will work is if there is a signal outta Sturgis so cross your fingers!!! If you don't hear from me...don't worry...I'll take pictures and post them when I return! I seriously wish all my blogger buds were going to be out there too!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephanie, never stayed at the chip but did stay at glencoe for 14 years before moving down outside Keystone. Been there for three years. Leaving thursday AM. If you get down around Hill City keep an eye out for me. dan (lowrider)

B.B. said...

I'll bet you're excited...I'm getting excited just looking forward to your posts.
I wish I were going this year, but next year for sure.
In case I don't catch you again before you leave, have a great time..I'm sure you won't have to try too hard,, and be safe!

Anonymous said...

Hey Steph, sounds like you are wound up and ready for a good time - here's wishing you helluva good time, girl! ~ Janet (BikerChickNews)

"Joker" said...

Your excitement about this is so cool, it's like "little kid on Christmas morning" excited. Have the best trip ever and ride safe. I also look forward to all the pics and stories from the rally.

I've never been. I have to wait one more year! :(

followtheleah said...

Hi Stephanie, hope you have a safe trip! I was just reading that 30% of all South Dakota's motorcycle accidents take place around the rally, so be careful! But aside from all dire warnings the rally sounds like so much fun. I've never been, personally. I confess I'm pretty new to motorcycle culture; I just started working as a brand ambassador for Progressive motorcycle insurance, and since then I've become really interested in it. We're actually going to be at Sturgis, which is awesome! We'll be giving away free shirts at our booth at Thunder Road, plus having a drawing to win a custom Sucker Punch Sally's motorcycle. It's beautiful, kind of old school. The shirts are also really nice, exclusive to Sturgis and absolutely free. If you want to pick one up while you're there, you just go to http://motorcycle.progressive.com ahead of time to download the coupon, then come by our booth to drop it off and say hi! Be sure to bring the coupon though; we can only give you a free shirt if you have one. We're going to have other cool giveaways too, so it should be a fun time.

I hope I haven't overstepped my bounds by leaving this comment, I'm just trying to get the word out :) And who doesn't want free stuff, really? If you have any questions or want more information feel free to shoot me an Email: leah.druska@gmail.com.

See you at Thunder Road, and ride safe!

Leah Druska
Brand Ambassador

Ann said...

We have to wait another year, too!

You sound really excited for the trip...I'm excited for you! Can't wait to see the pics and hear about the rally!

Have a great time and ride safe!

Anonymous said...

Hey love your blog! Never been to Sturgis but my brother in law has and he said it was rockin! I went to my first rally last year, went to TN. A long trip from NC! Had a great time! Will read your other articles. My blog is at http://thirtysomethingreality.blogspot
Erin