Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Let's Rent an Electra Glide

Friday morning Dan says to me...Let's rent an Electra Glide for the weekend. We have those free rentals. Let's see if those bad boys are all that everyone says they are cracked up to be. By Noon on Friday we had a pretty 2009 HD Electra Glide sitting in our driveway.

Dan had to go to work so there was no riding on Friday. Saturday night we rode the EG around in the rain. It was cold so we took it home and got the cage to drive up to watch fireworks. Sunday we were up early and on the road with our pretty rental. I was digging what I will call the Princess seat and I was digging the passenger boards even more. I've used pegs for the past 5 yrs so I felt like I was in heaven.

We rode to the Largest Lake in Iowa, Lake Red Rock. We went to the Cordova Park Observation Tower. Holy Crap it's a haul to the top but I made it! The Tower is made out of the base of an old water tower. Usually you have to pay a quarter to go to the top but we lucked out and the gate was open and free to the public that day. Like a 50 cents would have broke us but sometimes it's nice to get something free.


We took some great pictures while we were at the top of the tower. Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, what's that??? A HUGE LAKE!!!!




Dan was taking the beautiful view in while I was taking a picture of two baggers and a sporty.(oh and a guy in an orange t-shirt)


We got back on the road and stopped in Pella where they have this huge Tulip Festival every spring. People come from all over the world to attend this festival.






On the way back to Johnston we stopped in Pleasant Hill to get gas and there was this cool Hot Rod in the lot. I'm guessing they had been at the Good Guys Car Show that was happening that weekend.

We had a great weekend! Glad we rented the Electra Glide and tested it out. Dan missed his Street Glide and so did I. I love the Zippy Pickle...she's a sweet ride and she's even sweeter now because momma got some passenger boards! FINALLY!

Happy Riding! IHG

14 comments:

B.B. said...

Great pics, and sounds like a great weekend. Yeah for the passenger boards!

Chessie (Chesshirecat) said...

MMM, I have the oppratunity to ride a new bagger for 4 days this month...I'm sure I will be spoiled...It sure is nice to have some strange under ya once in a while...LOL Just the bike...not trading my man in for anything the world will offer...I'm sure your the same...
Fun read today! Be well!

fasthair said...

Ms IHG: OK that's it. We can't live more then 5 miles apart and we still haven't met. We need to get this Sunday ride planned and done. You, Dan, Rick and his lovely wife need to get together and go make a day of it. I know a few nice roads around!!!

fasthair

FLHX_Dave said...

Nothing beats the glide in my book. It's cushy enough to ride a loooooong way, but edgy enough to still be badass. Who says you can't have it all.

Glad you had a great time. Awesome picts! Floorboards are great if you know what to do with them!

Ann said...

The Princess Seat...you got that right! I rode a glide like that once, and was totally spoiled!

And I just got passenger boards on the Dyna! YAY!!! What a difference! Now if I could just get the right seat...

Glad you had a nice weekend.

Learning to Golf said...

Sounds like it was a great weekend. But, I do have a couple of questions. Would you have been to cold to ride Friday if the rental hadn't have been free? Also, what the Hell does to cold mean in July?

"Joker" said...

Wow...I know you must've been loving that. Glad the rotten weather backed off long enough for you two to get out for a good long ride on that Glide. Every woman I know who rides two up has nothing but great things to say about psngr footboards, so I'm not surprised you loved them, and I'm even gladder you now have 'em on your own bike.
Loved the pics! Ride safe!

Dean "D-Day" said...

Glad you guys got to experience the Glide. Personally, I'm not ready to step up to an "old man" bike yet but probably someday.

Love the pics!

Mr. Motorcycle said...

Good to hear you had a nice time and a nice ride to enjoy the weekend with. So you never really did come out directly and say what you thought about the EG. I know Home always feels good, and the Street Glide is home, but what did you truly like more?

mq01 said...

great pics. those towers out there are very tall, i was winded climbing up one along the platte somewhere... enjoy those floorboards!!! :)

IHG said...

I honestly loved the seat on the Electra Glide but the back rest cushion needs to be cut down by a few inches. I felt like I was right on top of Dan. I also loved all the cargo room. Would be awesome for longer trips. Dan said he isn't ready for a bike like that(maybe in 15 yrs but he doubts that too)...he feels the same as Dave about the Street Glide. He loves his SG!

AHD - I think it was about 60 degrees and misting when we took the bike out. That is chilly during the summer in Iowa. It's usually humid and 90 here in July.

Fasthair - you do know some great roads. Let's coordinate this and do it!

The boards rock and I think I know how to use em Dave. HA HA HA HA! You are so subtle! LOL

Lady R (Di) said...

I could actually fall asleep while on the back of the Electra Glide. That tour seat made me feel like Granny Clampett... sitting high on the "hog" rolling down the highway! Woo Hoo!

Harley loves his Street Glide too. When he bought it, he wanted to make some custom add ons right off the bat that were so similar to the EG. The salesman kept trying to sell him another Electra Glide, cause it would have been better deal. H just said, "If I a wanted an Electra Glide, I'd buy one!"

Baron's Life said...

This was a most enjoyable read....the details and all... Glad you enjoyed it...

Michael said...

Cool post. I'm partial to baggers and choppers. My favorite bagger is the Roadglide. Glad to see Momma finally got to enjoy the comfort of some passenger floorboards!
LOL!

Fun Post. Thanks!
Michael