Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year! Check out Robbie Knievel & Robbie Maddison

Happy New Year to Everyone out there in bloggerland! Wishing you the best year you've ever had!

So last night I was watching Robbie Knievel jump the volcano at the Mirage...on TV of course. And it just didn't seem to me like he really jumped it so I found it on youtube today and had to post it to see what everyone else thinks. To me it looks like they set up some pyrotechnics and he jumped them.

Anyway...doesn't really matter but I had to share anyway.

For all of you SOA junkies...I was searching for a show that I wanted to record on the DVR and ran across that FX is showing Son's of Anarchy reruns!!!! I know...sick! lol

Some info from the folks at HD:

Ride Free is a guarantee on the trade-in value of H-D Sportsters. Between December 26th and March 31st, current owners of an ’07, ’08, or ’09 Sportster 883 or 1200 can trade-in for any of the bikes in the Big Twin family and receive full MSRP on their original bike. Similarly, new owners purchasing a Sportster in the same timeframe will have an opportunity to trade-in for full MSRP at any point within a year’s time. Essentially, participating customers will have a year to “ride free.”


All of the details about Ride Free are available on http://www.h-d.com/ridefree.



Ok...this blows away the Robbie Knievel jump. Holy Cow! Check out Robbie Maddison!


Have a great day today!
xo IHG


10 comments:

"Joker" said...

Happy New Year!!!

I agree with you; I didn't see any volcano, just a bunch of flames. Still, I'll give him credit for jumping the flames. I couldn't do it. I'm fine with my two wheels firmly on the pavement, thank you very much.

That program on the Sportys shows that H-D is getting desparate to make some sales. I know a guy with an '06 who would have taken that deal in a minute. Boy is he going to be pissed when he finds out he got left out of it!!

Best to you and yours in '09. See you in 8 months!

fasthair said...

Ms. IHG I'm not sure about Knievel's jump it's hard to tell from the camera angle. Speaking of Knievel did you see him when he jumped at the Iowa State Fair? It must of have been ten years ago now. He jumped a bunch of semi tractors and it was pretty cool.

Maddison's jump was pretty friggin' cool! I had to watch that one twice. Talk about sick

Happy New Year to you and yours too.

fasthair

fasthair said...

OH yah, Harley did this promotion back when the 883 first came out, 1986 I think it was. Back then the 883 cost $3995.00 and I still couldn't afford it then. Sounds like it's time for another bike in the IHG garage!

fasthair

Mr. Motorcycle said...

Maddison's vid. kicks butt! Have a happy new year!

FLHX_Dave said...

Insane! Just insane...that Maddison jump was way off the hook. At the top he looked like he was thinking, "I'm not going! I'm not going!" I was pissing myself watching it. I must have watched it a dozen times. On the way down it looked like he lauched a foot too far out and almost lost it. I'm suprised he didn't throw up in his helmet. lol.

Mastercheif said...

Awesome. Thanks

Lady R (Di) said...

I think watching Maddison's jump was much more heart dropping than Knievel's was. My stomach flipped, anyway.

Happy New Year! Hopefully, 2009 will bring two new wheels to your garage.

WooleyBugger said...

really tough to see but it looks like what you said is correct. The youtube camera angle and filming is not the best.

Ann said...

Robbie Kneivel's jump is hard to tell. Looks like maybe it was just some flames.

The Robbie Maddison video kicked ass! When he got to the top of the building I thought it was over, then I said, "He's gonna do what??!!" That was way cool!

Thanks for posting, and happy new year!

Dean "D-Day" said...

I saw the SOA reruns. It helps take the edge off the SOA withdrawals.

Have a great new year!
xo