Friday, January 27, 2006

Listening to Old Records

Tonight we pulled out the old records and turntable. They sounded so good. Made me miss the old days a little. Boston, Fleetwood Mac, Led Zepplin, G & R and even Moon Unit Zappa singing Valley Girl. It was great. It made me appreciate music again. Lately I've been listening to Country because there just hasn't been any really good new Rock and Roll bands. It will be a sad day when Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, Van Halen, Kiss and the Stones pass on. There just isn't any music like that being made today. We have Kanye West, Eminem, Diddy, and the Strokes now. That music may sound good to the youth but it's just not what I call good. Yes, I'll admit I'm getting older and I'm probably a little stuck in the good old days. When I do listen to music other than Country I'm drawn to Tracey Bonham, Cowboy Junkies, Melissa Ferrick and Ani DiFranco. They actually know how to write a song and the lyrics actually say something. It's funny because I still find myself calling a groups new CD their new record. I bet most of the kids growing up now have never even listened to a record especially since you can download anything you want into your IPod. It's incredible how things progress. Soon record stores will be a distant memory and I'm sure eventually CDs will no longer exist.

No comments: